UFC superstar, Connor McGregor, finds himself in a bit of a predicament after his latest antic. NYPD is reportedly looking for the Ireland native for his part in what was called a 25-man brawl shortly after a press event for UFC 223, which is scheduled to take place on Saturday.
[Scroll Down For Multiple Videos]
In the video obtained by TMZ, McGregor can be seen running into frame chasing after a bus full of UFC fighters scheduled to fight Saturday. McGregor is seen throwing a dolly through the window of the bus.
One fighter, Michael Chiesa, was reportedly injured from the dolly hitting the window next to him. It’s unclear if he will still be able to fight Saturday. The bizarre act of rage seemed to stem from a press conference that took place earlier that morning in New York.
According to the New York Post, McGregor stormed into the venue with his entourage and began trying to start an altercation with fellow UFC fighter Khabib Nurmagomedov. Many simply took it as a “publicity stunt” as McGregor is not one to shy from the spotlight, but they were soon proven wrong when altercation apparently continued into the parking garage.
“Conor went bananas and put a beating on the van that we were in looking for Khabib,” a source told MMAJunkie. “A million security guards had to restrain him. Mike’s cut up now. He’s got marks on him, for sure. I don’t think too serious. Everything happened so fast, it was just like we got jumped.”
Amidst the mayhem, McGregor and his entourage reportedly ran out of the parking garage and hopped into a nearby SUV. At the time of this writing, there is no current warrant out for McGregor.
Dana White, the UFC President, spoke to an ESPN reporter and suggested that his superstar may be in more trouble than he may want to admit.
— Brett Okamoto (@bokamotoESPN) April 5, 2018
“They’re looking for him right now. His plane cannot take off, he cannot leave the state of New York with this warrant. He’ll be grounded. I’m assuming, eventually, if they don’t catch him, he’ll turn himself in,” White said. “I imagine he’s going to be sued beyond belief and… this is a real bad career move for him.”
Again, McGregor is being sought by police strictly for questioning at this point, but more drama is sure to follow.
Source: The Tribunist